How to Reset a 2019 Volkswagen Jetta Oil Light
If you’re a car-savvy individual, you may have taken care of an oil change or maintenance service on your 2019 Volkswagen Jetta yourself without the need for an auto shop. But afterwards, a new problem arises: how do you reset the oil or service light?
The method for resetting the oil and service lights on your 2019 Volkswagen Jetta depends on whether your vehicle is equipped with a digital or standard instrument cluster.
If you have a 2019 Volkswagen Jetta with a Digital Instrument Cluster:
- Turn the ignition on.
- Hold the “OK” button on the steering wheel for four seconds while the MFI is in range.
- Let go of the “OK” button. The service menu will pop up.
- Use the steering wheel controls to select “Reset oil change.” Press “OK.”
- Select “Reset Inspection.” Press “OK.”
After each selection, you’ll get a message asking to confirm. Press “OK” and confirm the resets.
If you have a 2019 Volkswagen Jetta with a Conventional Instrument Cluster:
- Switch off the ignition.
- Find and hold the “0.0” button below the instrument cluster.
- Switch on the ignition.
- Release the 0.0 button.
- One after the other, the following messages will appear in the display: “Reset oil change service?” followed by, “Do you really want to reset inspection?”
- When you see the message for the interval you want to reset, confirm the request by pressing the 0.0 button. A confirmation message will display.
Solve Your Problem with the Service Team at Schworer Volkswagen
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask our crack service team here at Schworer Volkswagen. Our Volkswagen Certified mechanics know the ins and outs of every VW vehicle. And if there’s any maintenance you’d like done that you’d prefer not to do yourself, we’ll be happy to take care of it for you!