Remote Start Capability of the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta
Remote Start capability- these days, it seems like everyone’s hankering for it. And with all the comfort and convenience it brings, who can blame them? By starting their engine remotely, drivers can allow their vehicle to heat or cool itself to a pleasant, comfortable temperature before they even step inside.
The 2019 Volkswagen Jetta is an excellent compact car applauded for, among other things, its great gas mileage, smooth ride quality, and comfortable seats. It also has plenty of exciting tech and features. Does the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta have remote start?
Yes! Remote Start comes standard on the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Premium trim. The feature is available with the addition of the Cold Weather Package on the 2019 Jetta SE, R-Line, and SEL trims. Remote Start is not available for the base S trim.
What does the Cold Weather Package include on the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta?
In addition to Remote Start, the Cold Weather Package blesses your Jetta with a heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, windshield-wiper park and washer nozzles. It cost $495. The availability of this package is part of the reason the 2019 Jetta is so good for driving in winter weather.
How do I use the Remote Start feature on the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta?
To use the Remote Start feature on your 2019 Volkswagen Jetta, your vehicle must first be “ready to drive:” it must be loaded with enough fuel and fluids, have all doors (including the hood and trunk) closed, be locked, have a charged battery, and no significant engine issues.
To activate Remote Start:
- Press the lock button on your key fob
- Within the next three seconds, press the Remote Start button twice
- Your vehicle will now run for about ten minutes. The inner temperature will be heated or cooled to approximately 72 degrees Fahrenheit
- If you need more time, you can perform the procedure again for one more ten-minute Remote Start. After that, the ignition will have to be cycled on and off before the feature can be used again.
- Once you’re inside, press the start button to start the vehicle as you normally would and get your 2019 Jetta into driving mode.
What else does Remote Start do?
- At outside temperatures below 59 degrees, seat heating will also activate to warm seats.
- When temperatures are below 68 degrees, the outside heated mirrors will turn on.
- The rear window defroster will activate when the outside is below 39 degrees.
- When outside temperatures reach 68 degrees and above, seat ventilation will activate to create an appealingly cool surface.